Let’s Lay Down a Few Ground Rules . . .
- This art contest is open to any artist who follows these rules.
You do NOT have to be an Arts Alliance member to submit art pieces to the contest. But we do appreciate the support membership gives us as an organization. Family membership is only $25 a year. Thank you.
- Artworks may be created with physical or digital media and MUST follow one of our online classes on YouTube. Return to the main contest page to view the available classes.
- The age groups for the contest are as follows:
A. Children under the age of 10
B. Children between the ages of 11 and 18
C. Adults (over the age of 18)
- You may enter as many artworks as you would like.
- All submissions must be made digitally through our website. You will not have to provide the artwork physically, so don’t worry about having to bring it anywhere.
- ALL entries will be displayed on this website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical online contest catalog. Winners will also be published in our local newspaper, The Independent.
- There is no size restriction for the original artwork.
- Subject matter is restricted to what would be allowed in your classroom. If your teacher would say “No”, then we do too.
- Please upload your images in a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- You may only submit original artworks that you created. Collaboration is welcomed.
- Make sure that your still artwork is signed and that the signature is visible in the image you upload. Photograph sculptural pieces sitting on a paper with your signature.
- Jurors from the Route 66 Arts Alliance and selected volunteers will judge the winners from each category.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork (on our websites, newsletters, and social media accounts and those of our promotional partners …with credit to you, of course).
- By entering the competition, you agree to abide by all rules.
- Competition is beginning February 1, 2021 and ending May 1, 2021.
- Awards winners will be announced and listed on this site on May 30, 2021 and winners will be contacted. Prizes will be gift cards to Dick Blick Art Supplies or Michaels for art supplies. $100 is the first prize in each category, $50 second prize and $25 third prize.
- We believe in respecting fellow artists and one another’s artworks. Therefore, you may not criticize, make derogatory or otherwise inappropriate comments anywhere in any public forum, (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) about any other artist or their work. Doing so will result in disqualification of your art from the contest. Practice compliments instead.
- Don’t forget to have fun.