September 18th & 25th
9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Two mornings of age-grouped art classes:
Group 1/ages 8-11
Group 2/ages 12-15
Two classes each Saturday morning for each camper, with a brief snack in between:
9:00 am – 10:30 am
10:30 am -12:00 noon
Four classes offered each day. Campers can sign up for one morning ($35) or both mornings ($55), including materials and snack. There will be some scholarships available.
Each Camper picks two age appropriate classes each morning. Classes will be held at the Mountainview Elementary School Complex on Route 66, opposite Lexco Rd, between Edgewood and Moriarty.
- “Comedy is Serious Business” • Vaudeville/Comedy • Jo White
- Drumming Around The World! • Get your hands on dozens of percussion instruments from all over the planet with Kevin Kinane. Have fun jamming while learning how to create good tones and rhythms in this highly interactive music program.
- Clay Play with Jodi Miller • Sculpting Handheld Critters in Ceramics (with a take home)
- Mixed Media: 3-D Creatures & Their Domains (ages 8-11) • Shelly Korte
- Mixed Media: Inspired Watercolor (ages 12-15) • Shelly Korte
- Mini Melodramas: Jokes & Songs • Jo White
- More Drums with Kevin Kinane! • This session focuses on using drum stick control in order to create cool dynamics and beats. Big Tom Tom drums will be provided for everyone!
- Clay Play with Jodi Miller • Earth and Town and all Around; Building a Whole World with Clay. (a group collaborative project)
- Mixed Media: Tinker Time Connect Create (ages 8-11) • Shelly Korte
- Mixed Media: Tint, Shade, Light: Painterly Faces & Figures (ages 12-15) • Shelly Korte
Two Easy Ways to Register
We’ve made it easy to register for this fun event:
You can register online using our secure online store and your PayPal account or credit/debit card. There are 6 choices in the store separated by date (9/18, 9/25 or both) and age (8-11 and 12-15). Just pick the choice that works for you! To get started, please choose one of the options below.
If you prefer to register by mail, just click here to download our registration form. Once you’ve printed it and filled it out, just mail it back to us with your check payable to Route 66 Arts Alliance. You can also download the information on this page in an easily printable format.